1. What were your greatest struggles or frustrations you had before working with us?
My greatest struggles before starting this program was literally everything. I had no idea how to eat or workout. I would eat 8 Oreos in one sitting and not think twice about it. I could barely run ¼ mile. And I would only attempt to run ¼ mile about once a year (January… because… my resolution was to get healthy.)
2. What was your biggest hesitation before coming in for your first session?
My biggest hesitation before coming in for my first session was I am going to be weak and slow and this will be the longest hour of my life. I thought everyone there already had the perfect bod and could lift heavier and run faster than me. Which most could! But it was scaled to where I was at and what I was capable of doing. And slowly, I started to feel stronger.
3. What do you like most about the program/experience?
The thing I like most about the program is I don’t have to think about it. I don’t have to come up with what I will be doing in the gym that day. I don’t decide to go to the gym and stand on a treadmill for 20 minutes and then go home. I go to the gym and know there will be a workout planned that will challenge me in multiple different ways (cardio/weights).
4. What are the top 2 ways the program has impacted your life?
1. It has helped me to lead a healthy active lifestyle.
2. It has helped me impact other people’s lives and motivate them to become active and conscious of what they are putting into their bodies as well.
5. What are some results you are proud of?
I can jump rope FOREVER now. When I first started, Mr. Becker would tell me to do 100 (!) skips, followed by some sort of weighted exercise. I thought he was insane. There is no way I can do 100 jumps. And it would take me FOREVER to get to 100. And then I was so tired from jumping, I couldn’t do the next exercise. I can now do double unders and immediately go into the weighted part.
That was the beginning… now my goals are more of how much weight I can lift/move. I focus my gains on how much I can squat, bench, deadlift….
6. Favorite exercise?
7. Least favorite?
Deadlifts. We have a love/hate relationship.
8. 1 + 1 = ?
9. What advice would you give to a new client/member?
SHOW UP! It will be hard! You will be sore! It will suck! But the suck never goes away. You have to challenge yourself. And you will learn to love the pain. Don’t compare yourself to ANY other person. You will pave your own way and have your own goals. It won’t happen over night.
10. Anything else you would like the internet to know?
Yes. I would like to find my ex-boyfriend that told me I could never run a mile and tell him to shove it. Just call me Khloe Kardashian and Revenge Body. The week after we broke up, I went to Gold’s Gym, where my friend David Becker was training, and I said, “TRAIN ME!”. Sever years later, I am still training. And can run farther and faster than ever.